Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pompeii, Italy



















Entrance to Pompeii




















On the streets of Pompeii

A few sketches from photos from a trip to Pompeii the summer before last.
Going into Pompeii is an amazing experience. The city is so quiet, and so much of it is preserved or under preservation. With a little map, it's easy to walk around and experience the city. One of my professors, Malcolm Quantrill, always had slide carousels of photos of his trips to great architecture with his family. This is something I want to do with my kids, is take them to Pompeii, and all the great architecture sites.

I started the bottom sketch with lines, and filled in pencil shading. I started the top sketch with pencil shading, and then added lines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!