Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bucharest, Romania















This is my favorite tree in Cismigiu Garden. The trees in the garden all have nameplates with all kinds of educational latin names. The name for this tree is "Cismigiu Garden". Maybe this is the mystical heart of the Garden. Unfortunately, the nameplate was just removed; hopefully it's not replaced with a new latin name. I dont think the tree would approve. I tried again to sketch the negative spaces of the tree, but also to try to capture the surrounding space. I like the way this tree occupies the space.

















I actually started this sketch first, but was so focused on the tree, I didnt feel like I captured the space underneath, so I did it again.

There's an interesting article about the gardens in Bucharest here.
I've been to maybe half of these gardens, but now I"ll have to go with the article in mind and see what I can see.















Me with Febe. Febe's a pretty patient dog for sketching, she just kinds of hangs out with me and watches the people go by.










Some of the other areas of the garden.... some of them green, some of them pink.....













...some yellow. This one at the sidewalk is "100% natural."

2 comments:

Nina Khashchina aka Apple-Pine said...

Aha - trees!
Love them very much!
As well as a shot of you with a sketch - always a pleasure to see the process!

John said...

Thanks Nina! I did a few on Sunday, so I'll add on here later today. Not many trees, but I"ll go around the blocks later today and find some trees. :-) Nice people on your last sketch..... especially the two boys next to each other.